Interested in Applying?
Our previous interns have accomplished challenging & fulfilling experiences during their internships. Multiple projects requiring multitasking in a fast-paced environment make our interns grow professionally during their time here. Interns have gone on to obtain competitive post-graduate positions at organizations including OutcomesMTM, Novartis, Magellan Health, & Yale University. Joining our team will help you to build career skills to land your ideal job!
Apply if You…
Want to Grow Professionally
We are a fast-moving organization with multiple projects going on at any one time. We value interns with a high degree of autonomy that like to take initiative with their work and are flexible to work on new tasks and projects frequently. Your work here will help you to gain skills including multi-tasking and prioritization that will make you successful in future positions.
Are Interested in Technology
At Iowa Diabetes, we use a number of different technology platforms like G Suite by Google among our own technology products that we offer to patients and professionals. Ideal candidates should be comfortable with technology.
Have Great Communication Skills
We are looking for interns who are skilled at communicating with other members of our team and patients. Whether it be writing proposals for collaborating with other organizations or presenting projects to other team members, great communication makes sure that we are operating at full-steam.
We work to place candidates in positions that will best fit their experience and desired projects. Please feel free to apply regardless of positions listed.
- Serving as a drug reference for patient recruitment and medical projects
- Evaluating trial protocols and Informed Consent Forms to educate patients and staff
- Conducting patient interviews to determine opportunities for improvement
- Preparing promotional materials for national meetings (ADA, AADE, etc.)
- Conducting SWOT analysis for potential competitors or collaborators in research and disease-state management
- Developing or reviewing business plans and presentations
- Writing, distributing and pitching new ideas or improvements
- Manage, plan, compile, write and distribute digital newsletters or medical articles
- Self-driven with a strong work ethic
- Passionate about diabetes or technology
- Pursuing an MBA or diabetes concentration
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Assist with execution of strategic planning elements for marketing activities that allow achievement of growth goals
- Help manage company websites and all brand-related verbiage
- Design and/or work with the development team in the creation of sales materials, advertisements, and landing pages
- Assist in developing and executing a content strategy that connects with users and/or customers; informing them of platform capabilities, advancements in diabetes and other relevant topics
- Manage monthly newsletters for both internal and external audiences
- Manage social media presence (LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook)
- Support media relations efforts and participate in events to further the awareness of the organization
- Identify ways to increase user engagement in a way that ensures usage of the breadth of services offered
- Look for opportunities to encourage opt-in for sponsored subscriptions and connection to health portals to provide a high-quality and high-volume experience for research center clients
- Monitor user feedback to determine enhancements that will strengthen our connection to our users
- Clear communicator
- Ability to manage a high volume of work
- Willingness to learn new things and self-teach when needed
- Flexibility in role assignment and shifting priorities
- Passionate about diabetes or about their work
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong work ethic
About Our Companies
Iowa Diabetes Research
Iowa Diabetes Research (IDR) is a world-class clinical trial site for Phase II to Phase IV studies, headquartered in West Des Moines. IDR was founded in 2007 by our CEO and Medical Director, Dr. Anuj Bhargava in downtown Des Moines.
In 2017, we moved to a new office in West Des Moines to better serve our patients in a more spacious and easily accessible office.
IDR has started more than 100 clinical trials and helped 1,600+ patients take charge of their diabetes through clinical research.
Patients participating in trials at IDR may receive study-related care, testing supplies, and medications free of charge.
Iowa Diabetes Portal
Iowa Diabetes Portal (IDP) is a breakthrough personal technology platform that helps patients better manage their diabetes by easily managing their sugars, meds, labs, activity and more on any device!
IDP recently released a version of the platform for Professionals that allows physicians, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals to engage their patients through their very own diabetes portal and have access to real-time sugars, meds and labs.
The Academic Version allows teachers and professors to create realistic patient cases with health data for their students to work through and identify diabetes therapy problems. This platform has been used at Drake University for a diabetes concentration class in the PharmD curriculum.