More than 300,000 Iowans have diabetes and that number is only expected to grow. At Iowa Diabetes, our goal is to improve the lives of Iowans affected by diabetes through a combined approach of research, education, and technology.
Iowa Diabetes was founded in 2007 by our CEO and Medical Director, Dr. Anuj Bhargava, in downtown Des Moines. Within the first few years, our research center started over 50 studies and became a leading diabetes research center in Iowa. As we started more trials and hired more staff members, it was clear that more office and patient care space was needed.
2017 brought bigger and better things as we moved our offices to West Des Moines, allowing us to better serve our patients. 2017 also saw the launch of the Iowa Diabetes Portal! The portal is a free tool we provide to your patients to help them easily manage sugars, meds, labs, activity, and more. In 2019, we launched our Iowa Diabetes Care, our non-traditional care management system.
We’re proud to serve local Iowans! As of today, we have started more than 100 diabetes studies and served more than 1,600 patients in Central Iowa.
- Patients first: Our first and foremost commitment is to our patients and their families. We treat patients with respect and dignity. We delight them with our thoughtful, compassionate and efficient care.
- Responsibility toward employees: We promote personal and professional development of all our employees. We create a healthy working environment by encouraging teamwork, mutual respect, accountability and integrity.
- Ethical behavior: All actions at all times are guided by strong ethical and moral principles.
- Commitment to excellence and quality: We embrace change and continuously improve the quality of our work. We follow LEAN principles and maximize customer value.
- Passion and enthusiasm: We strive to be unparalleled in our passion and enthusiasm for improving the health and lives of patients with diabetes.